Highlights Barcelona-El Prat
- 47 Million passengers
- Airport # 5 in Europe in number of European routes
- Short-haul flights operated by low-fare airlines
- Main operators: Vueling, Ryanair, EasyJet, Norwegian, and European network companies.
- In air cargo, 157000 exceeded and BCN enters the top 20 European airports.
- Growing service: 7.2M pax: 15% of airport traffic
- Airport # 19 in Europe in terms of intercontinental routes
- Low fare Long Haul: Norwegian (NAS) and Level
- 2.6M direct (37%), 4.5M indirect coverage
- Business 7.2% relatively good.
- Seasonality: growth continues to be concentrated mainly in the summer. This is an opportunity for improvement.
- Missing European business (2.5%)
- Lack of connection traffic (10%).
Source: BARDC/April 2018
Barcelona Air Route Development Committee
promotes Barcelona Airport intercontinental flight