Lines of action: Barcelona Air Route Development Committee (BARDC)
I. CREATION OF LONG-HAUL LINKS TO STRATEGIC DESTINATIONS
- VIABLE ROUTES not yet served, such as: Tokyo, Mexico, Santiago de Chile, Delhi, Dallas/Houston, and Manila
- Leaders in the new Long Haul: Norwegian and Level. They are especially key to developing new routes and it is important to keep track of their evolution in Barcelona.
II. DEVELOPMENT OF LOYALTY ACTIONS FOR LONG-HAUL COMPANIES
- Keeping in touch with airlines to achieve better quality long-haul routes: greater frequencies, avoid seasonality, extend the summer season, help develop the demand for business trips … (Boston, California , Beijing, Shanghai …)
III. FACILITATE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF NEW LINKS OR FREQUENCIES OF LONG-HAUL TRAVEL
- Maintain permanent contact with Spanish Civil Aviation and with other civilian administrations/civil aviation authorities. Topics to be treated:
- Bilateral agreements:
- Support for long-haul airlines: Norwegian and Level
- Facilitation of the fifth freedom
IV. IMPROVEMENT OF CONNECTIVITY IN BARCELONA
Establishment of strategies and products in order to facilitate the connectivity of Barcelona airport, in projects such as:
- Support for Vueling: alliances and interline agreements.
- Encourage a close alliance between Level and Vueling in order to generate connection traffic.
- Follow-up of cross selling agreements between Ryanair and Air Europa, Norwegian and EasyJet …
- Monitor the phenomenon of self-connection.
- Encourage technological and innovative solutions of the sector to facilitate the development of intermodal and transit traffic in the airport environment (App in the Air, Dohop, ABB, etc.).
V. PROMOTE SYNERGIES WITH OTHER LARGE INFRASTRUCTURES NEAR THE AIRPORT
- New multimodal accessibility plan: arrival of the train to T1, improvements to the metro, long distance train station of El Prat.
- Track the execution of investments
- Strengthen ties with multimodal operators (Renfe/Metro/Others)
- Work with the Port of Barcelona for the development of routes with demand for intercontinental cruises.
VI. AIR CARGO
- Development and implementation of a specific plan for air cargo at Barcelona airport
- Collaborate with Barcelona – Catalonia Logistics Center (BCL) through the Barcelona Air Freight Community.
- Be present in a specialized international fair on cargo.
VII. FACILITATE AND PROMOTE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE INDUSTRIAL SECTOR AND AIR TRANSPORT AND TRAVEL SERVICES
- Promote the establishment of corporate head offices or corporate functions in Barcelona.
- Facilitate and structure the new economic ecosystem linked to air transport (airlines, tourism companies, leisure, transport operators …)
BARDC AS A SINGLE WINDOW
- Consolidate the BARDC as a single window in relation to the airline industry and related suppliers
- Continue working with the Catalan Tourism Agency, ACCIÓ, and Barcelona Tourism to promote and coordinate actions.
- Advance and formalize agreements for institutional cooperation to raise more promotional resources out of the BARDC budget.
Source: BARDC/April 2018
Barcelona Air Route Development Committee
promotes Barcelona Airport intercontinental flight