Traffic at Barcelona-El Prat: Destination Rankings
Highlights Barcelona-El Prat
– 47 Million passengers
– Airport # 5 in Europe in number of European routes
– Short-haul flights operated by low-fare airlines
– Main operators: Vueling, Ryanair, EasyJet, Norwegian, and European network companies.
– In air cargo, 157000 exceeded and BCN enters the top 20 European airports.
– Growing service: 7.2M pax: 15% of airport traffic
– Airport # 19 in Europe in terms of intercontinental routes
– Low fare Long Haul: Norwegian (NAS) and Level
– 2.6M direct (37%), 4.5M indirect coverage
– Business 7.2% relatively good.
– Seasonality: growth continues to be concentrated mainly in the summer. This is an opportunity for improvement.
– Missing European business (2.5%)
– Lack of connection traffic (10%).
Source: BARDC/April 2018
Barcelona Air Route Development Committee
promotes Barcelona Airport intercontinental flight