WHO WE ARE
The Barcelona Air Route Development Committee (BARDC) was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting the development of new intercontinental routes from Barcelona Airport.
Its members are Generalitat de Catalunya – Department of Planning and Sustainability, Barcelona City Council – Economic Promotion, Barcelona Chamber of Commerce and Aena, SME S.A.
The main objective of the BARDC is work to attract new intercontinental air links from Barcelona Airport, as well as maintain existing ones.
In this sense, and through its work, the BARDC aims:
1. To encourage the mobility of people who live and work in Catalonia in an increasingly globalized society.
2. Facilitate Catalan companies have more opportunities to open new markets, and avoid the scales at other airports and losing time connections.
3. Offer to foreign companies interested in doing business or established in Catalonia a wide range of national, European and intercontinental air links.
4. Make Barcelona and Catalonia more attractive destinations for the quality tourism and provide access to more distant outbound tourism markets.
5. Attract hosting major international events: fairs, conferences and general meetings.
6. To facilitate the transport of goods by air and allow companies access to more distant markets in less time.
If you want more information you can apply here.